Together Let Us Go Forth09-17-2017Fr. Michael Straley
I hope you heard that last Thursday, the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, bishop Olmsted announced a new diocesan capital campaign, "Together Let Us Go Forth, Juntos Sigamos Adelante". I know that it sounds like an incredible task, but we live in hope...and we work hard.
It is important to see how this campaign will benefit us at OLPH. Of course, it will help pay for the new Catholic high school, Pope St. John Paul II, in Avondale. Many of our students will consider the new school because it may be closer to their homes. Also, there are funds for our three Newman Centers at our universities, especially a new Center at Grand Canyon University. Again, many of our young people will directly benefit from this campaign. Finally, our parish will receive a percentage (30%) of the funds that we raise, to help us with some much needed work. I will be letting you know more about our parish plans in the future.READ MORE
Events and Announcements
“No fuiste hecho para la comodidad, fuiste hecho para la grandeza.”
- Thursdays 9:30am or 6:45pm, Sep 7 - Oct 12 in the Notre Dame classroom
- Jesus teaches his disciples and us how to follow him.
International Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Our Lady of Fatima
Oct 22 - Oct 23
In honor of the 100th anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima, six statues were blessed in January of this year by Pope Francis to travel throughout the six continents, re-echoing Our Blessed Mother’s appeal for prayer and reparation to preserve world peace and the sanctity of life.
- Thursdays 9:30am or 6:45pm, Oct 26 - Dec 7 (skip Nov 23) in the Notre Dame classroom
- The story of Joseph is critical to an understanding of Genesis. Learn how this story of betrayal and forgiveness is applied to our own lives of faith.
- in the parish hall
- Breakfast will be served. Fr. Ryan and Deacon Dennis present reflections and suggestions on making this Christmas season a deeper and more productive spiritual experience.
- Thursdays 9:30am or 6:45pm, Jan 4 - Feb 8 in the Notre Dame classroom
- In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus urged his listeners to live in a way that fosters justice and harmony.