Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish extends an open invitation to join the members of our faith community in exploring and studying the Holy Scriptures. All that is needed is your Bible and a smile.
Bible Study classes are developed around portions of Sacred Scripture as well as thematic topics utilizing extensive biblical support. A Bible Study series consists of six, 90 minute sessions.
A supplemental text book is selected for each series, and its purchase is optional. Additionally, there is the Spotlight Series which explores ancillary topics as biblical translations, history and geography. These are shorter courses of one or two sessions designed to expand and strengthen knowledge of the Scriptures.
How Do I Get Started?
Enrolling in OLPH Bible Study requires no paperwork or registration fees. Just check the course listings and your calendar. Bring your Bible and a smile. Are you uncertain of the biblical translation you own? Perhaps you do not have a usable Bible, meaning a decorative one so large and heavy that the coffee table is where it permanently rests. No worries. There is a large collection of Bibles available for borrowing and a competent instructor to offer background on the Bible translation you do own. The idea is to join the OLPH faith community in reading and studying the Old Testament prophets and the words of Jesus in the New Testament. Let us worship God, the Father, Jesus, His Son, and the Holy Spirit as revealed in Sacred Scripture.
All the Details
Bible Study classes are Thursday morning at 9:30 a.m. and Thursday evening at 6:45 p.m. in the Notre Dame classroom. Please bring your Bible and a smile. Purchase of accompanying textbook is optional but extremely helpful. Special Focus sessions are on Saturdays. See schedule for time, topic and location.
Do NOT let your busy schedule prevent you from attending when you can. Each session presents a fresh topic within the Bible Study series. Join us as your schedule permits.
Focus Session: Do I need a spiritual director?
Sep 2 1:00pm
- in the Notre Dame Classroom
- Learn about the purpose and benefits of having a spiritual director with Deacon Dennis.
- Thursdays 9:30am or 6:45pm, Sep 7 - Oct 12 in the Notre Dame classroom
- Jesus teaches his disciples and us how to follow him.
- Thursdays 9:30am or 6:45pm, Oct 26 - Dec 7 (skip Nov 23) in the Notre Dame classroom
- The story of Joseph is critical to an understanding of Genesis. Learn how this story of betrayal and forgiveness is applied to our own lives of faith.
- in the parish hall
- Breakfast will be served. Fr. Ryan and Deacon Dennis present reflections and suggestions on making this Christmas season a deeper and more productive spiritual experience.
- Thursdays 9:30am or 6:45pm, Jan 4 - Feb 8 in the Notre Dame classroom
- In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus urged his listeners to live in a way that fosters justice and harmony.